Current Job Openings
Staff Associate and/or Senior Staff Associate
The Center for Computational Learning Systems (CCLS) at The Fu Foundation School of Engineering & Applied Science of Columbia University invites applications to fill positions of Staff Associate and/or Sr. Staff Associate. Candidate will work with researchers at CCLS and in the Computer Science department on projects related to natural language processing (NLP).
The specific duties will include:
• Working on at least two different projects related to NLP which require complex software.
• Working with existing research software systems, extending them, making them robust, and integrating them into larger systems.
• Working with researchers and students on experiments and tabulating results.
Minimum Degree Required:
For a Staff Associate position the candidate is required to have a Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience or a Master's degree and 2 years of experience.
For a Sr. Staff Associate position, the candidate must have a Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience or a Master's degree and 4 years of experience.
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and be able to deliver required results on time.
• Strong analytical and quantitative ability.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and willingness to work with multiple
researchers and PhD students.
• Ability and willingness to work within an academic environment.
• Be proficient in at least JAVA.
• Knowledge of or experience with NLP and/or machine learning.
• Experience with github.
• Experience with Maven and Jira Tracker.
• Experience with all phases of software engineering cycle, including building test cases.
Screening of applicants will begin on February 10, 2014. The search will remain open no less than 30 days from the date of posting, January 10, 2014.
Applicants should apply through our online RAPS system.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.